The Navigators at UCSD
We are a non-denominational, Christian ministry on the campus of University of California, San Diego! Our mission is to know Christ and to make Him known, or in simple terms, to love God and to love others.
Our weekly, large group meetings are at 7:00pm on Thursdays!
We have weekly men's, women's and co-ed Bible studies that meet throughout the week at various locations. To get plugged into one, go to the "Contact Us" page to connect with us!
What the Navigators Believe
The Navigators holds several core beliefs that form the foundation of our ministry.
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH:
- That the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are inspired by God and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- In one God, the Creator; eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, and that He was and remains true God and true man.
- That God created Adam and Eve in the divine image; that they sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death, which is separation from God; and that, as a result of Adam's sin, all human beings are now born with a sinful nature and stand guilty before God.
- That the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
- In the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present life there for us, as High Priest and Advocate.
- In the blessed hope of the personal and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- That all who by faith receive the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
- That the Holy Spirit indwells and gives spiritual life to all believers, enables them to understand biblical truth, empowers them for godly living, and equips them for service and witness.
- In the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
To advance the Gospel of Jesus and His Kingdom into the nations through spiritual generations of laborers living and discipling among the lost.
OUR CORE VALUES:
- The passion to know, love, and become like Jesus Christ.
- The truth and sufficiency of the Scriptures for the whole of life.
- The transforming power of the Gospel.
- The leading and empowering of the Holy Spirit.
- Expectant faith and persevering prayer rooted in the promises of God.
- The dignity and value of every person.
- Love and grace expressed among us in community.
- Families and relational networks in discipling the nations.
- Interdependent relationships in the Body of Christ in advancing the Gospel.
OUR VISION STATEMENT:
We see a vital movement of the Gospel, fueled by prevailing prayer, flowing freely through relational networks and out into the nations. Workers for the Kingdom are next door to everywhere!
What characterizes this movement?
A heart for the whole person, climates of grace, compassion for the vulnerable and broken, sacrificial unity embracing diversity, cultural relevance and sensitivity, interdependence with others in the wider family of God, transformed men and women, fragrant with humility and the aroma of Christ.
They are marked by a deep engagement with and obedience to the Scriptures as the Word of God. They believe the promises of God. Both personally and in committed communities, they seek to know and pursue the purposes of God.
Laborers and leaders are emerging, with an increasing passion for Jesus Christ. They demonstrate faith and courage as they live and move among their friends and families. As spiritual parents, they model authenticity and relevance.
Ordinary people, in many walks of life, are joyfully leading integrated lives. They live as fruitful insiders among the lost. There is perseverance in the face of hardship and suffering. Around the world, many are coming to faith. As they become established in discipleship, some grow to be foundational for further generations. The Gospel spreads naturally and powerfully, as believers share Christ, life upon life, family to family.
Crossing cultures into new cities and nations, teams of mobile pioneers intentionally proclaim and embody the good news of Jesus Christ, in such a way that transformed communities multiply. These communities are bringing joy and hope to their surrounding environments as relationships are healed and justice increases. Indeed, the lost and unreached burn in their hearts, as they move the Gospel into the nations.
The leaders of this movement, developed and empowered for God’s service, live out a growing commitment to Christlikeness. They are dependent upon the Holy Spirit. New generations of leaders are emerging, rooted incarnationally in their local and national contexts. An international leadership community brings focus, alignment and energy to their movement. These leaders are clearly committed to long-term impact in generational ministry.